Lou is a breath of tranquility and sweetness in a world where everything moves too, too fast.
A woman who has always worn many hats, she discovered yoga over 30 years ago in New York—just as she was getting her legal career underway. More than a hobby, yoga has since become her passion—and now a way of life.
New York, London, Paris, Brussels--she has not stopped learning, teaching, synthesizing different schools of thought and ways of practicing yoga. She has also studied and become certified in psychotherapy and hypnosis, to discover and unpack the intricacies of the human psyche.
She co- authored a book : Restorative Yoga: La nouvelle méthode pour se détendre et trouver l'équilibre (Lou de Vitry & Marie Guyot), Editions Leduc, 2019
- An eclectic path
- Restorative Yoga
- The passion of transmission
- Booking a class
- Certificates and trainings
Lou and the practice of Yoga : an eclectic path
Lou discovered yoga step by step. At first, she began with Ashtanga Yoga under Eddie Stern in New York, then John Scott in London. She continued with Iyengar Yoga in Paris and London under André Rivoire.
With the help of Alan Finger (ISHTA / Integrated Science of Hatha, Tantra, and Ayurveda), she started to understand the need to change her yoga practice following the seasons. She also got to better understand the influence of Ayurveda science on the different individuals.
It is also thanks to Alan Finger that she was introduced to how to silently become self-aware of her body and meditation in general.
Why did Lou choose Restorative Yoga ?
She ended up choosing Restorative Yoga, a movement founded by Judith Lasater, which concentrates on the practice of relaxation where the body, supported by accompanying props, is positioned to maximize relaxation. This type of yoga is characterized by its wholesome nature and accessibility for all levels of experience. No matter the age, experience, or physical conditions of its participants, it enables all to disconnect and realign. Restorative Yoga is especially impactful for those who are stressed by their professional environment and the pace of their everyday life, as well as those individuals suffering from physical or psychological disorders.
Sensitive to debilitating illness, a sensitivity stemming from both personal and professional experience, Lou constantly strives to render the practice of yoga more accessible, notably by working hand-in-hand with health specialists and hospital support staff.
Lou has followed many courses of study in order to refine her use of Yoga as a tool to wellness. She has been especially focused on the well-being of people with serious illnesses, such as cancer or HIV. Her classes are designed to be a safe haven for people to come and practice yoga, to develop strength, flexibility and to reduce stress.
Lou and her passion for transmission
Lou has been studying and practicing yoga for 30 years and teaching it for 15 years. She has been teaching Restorative Yoga for 10 years and currently teacher trainings in Brussels and Paris. She uses her personal practice and weekly classes to further develop her Restorative Yoga teaching.
Lou uses her real-life experience and extensive training to incorporate passion and tolerance, softness and attentiveness, into her yoga teaching.
She is also an Alliance (yacep) member and authorized to attribute certificates.
How to contact Lou to book a class
Lou gives classes in Brussels and Paris, in French and in English. Don’t hesitate to contact her for a class or to get more information.
Whatsapp : +32 485 88 20 20
Certificates and trainings
- 2006 Yogaworks Teacher Training (200H), New York
- 2007 Raindrop Technique®, New York: unique practice based on essential oils used for centuries to balance and harmonize body and mind - Catherine Garro
- 2008-2009 Training in the Interactive Mental and Cerebral Dynamics (method, BMB ©), a method that develops our mental and cerebral abilities and intuition - Bernard-Michel Boissier
- 2010 Relax and Renew : learning to teach Restorative Yoga and Yoga for anxiety DELETE, trainer - Judith Lasater
- 2011 Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) : mindfulness 8 week training specifically designed for the world of work today - Michael Chaskalson
- 2012 Relax and Renew, advanced level - Judith Lasater
- 2014 Training in anatomy - Blandine Calais
- 2019 Therapeutic Yoga, focus on breast cancer - Rachel-y Cheney
- 2018 et 2019 Lou studies Restorative Yoga with Anna Ashby, main teacher of the Triyoga (London) and main member of the teacher training at Triyoga. Lou has completed the level 2 Yoga Restorative Training
- 2020 Yoga for cancer teacher training (40H)- Vicky Fox, member of the teacher training at Triyoga (London)2020 Training "Touch Wellness Massage" (12 days), to acquire a secure gesture adapted to the disease and to the side effects of treatments for serious diseases: anatomy / physiology / pathology of cancer and other diseases; touch / massage; side effects of treatments ; and Mourning - Catherine Bauraind and Nathalie Hanot
- 2020 Yoga Nidra & Meditation (120 H): the practice of conscious sleep and the various traditional approaches to meditation, in relation to the Philosophical Scriptures of India as well as their therapeutic applications to physical pain, emotional disorders, stress and the end of life - Ecole de Formation des Ailes du Yoga, Paris - Pierre Bonnasse
- 2020 Yoga Nidra (35 H) - Mathieu Yoga School
- 2020 Mourning module (4 Days): Observe and recognize the psycho-emotional manifestations of the gravely ill person and their loved ones--including the various phases of stress inherent in the illness. These include understanding compassion, recognizing the grieving process and its stages in order to provide adequate and non-judgmental support in the mourning ritual, listening, presence, and observation in order to accompany and support the patient and their family, all while assuming a role as therapist. - Nathalie Hanot
- 2020 Traditional Yoga Nidra (35H): An internalization practice which consists of putting certain aspects of oneself to sleep in order to "wake up." This sleep yoga is paradoxically an awakening technique with many therapeutic applications such as support for physical and emotional disorders, stress and the end of life. - Mathieu Yoga School
- 2020 Introduction to Belgian Sensitive Massage® (2 Days): Training in a series of basic movements covering how to structure a massage and respect for the body diagram. 360-degree overview of a balanced massage.
- 2020 Training in basic gestures of Sitting Massage and adaptation to different pathologies (cancer, neurological patients, scars, side effects of treatments, etc.).
- 2020 Therapeutic Yoga in Cancer Treatment (35H): Yoga to support patients in a holistic and safe way, throughout all stages of the cancer journey. - The Minded Institute, London CPD